San Jose Smog Check is Licensed by the State of California and We Are a Test & Repair Facility.
We Can Handle ALL TYPES of Smog Checks Required by The DMV.
NO Appointments Necessary, Just Come On In! We Can Have You In and Out in as
Fast as 15 Minutes!
Look At What Our Customers Are Saying About Us!
We Are Located At:
147 E. Santa Clara St. San Jose, CA 95113
(inside the CHEVRON Gas Station)
At San Jose Smog Check Station we offer our customers honesty, efficiency and accuracy in all aspects of our business. In addition, we value our client's time which is why we have implemented the first serve policy. We keep a list of walk-in customers and place them in line on a first come first served basis. While waiting customers have the opportunity to have lunch/dinner, coffee, run a small errand with their vehicle, wait in the designated waiting area, or drop off their car and pick it up whenever convenient before closing.
1. How can I speed up my time spent at San Jose Smog Check Station?
* Please provide the technician with your DMV Renewal Notice and California Driver's License prior to beginning the inspection.
2. What if I don't have my Renewal Notice?
* Don't worry we can still look up the the information using your Vehicle's VIN #
3. What if I don’t have a California Driver’s License?
*Don't worry we can input your information into our system manually.
The number 1 Reasons for Smog Check Failures is due to: Service Engine Soon!
Don't go for a state emissions test. In a late-model car, an illuminated "check engine" light probably is a sure sign your car will fail the test. In California, it's an automatic failure, even if the problem was nothing more than a loose gas cap. By the way, don't bother trying to fool the inspection station by disconnecting the battery or using any other method to erase the trouble code and turn off the "check engine" light. Your vehicle's computer will let the inspection station know that its codes have been erased, and the vehicle will fail the state's emission inspection test. You must perform a "drive cycle" after the repairs are performed before going back to the inspection station.
A Drive Cycle is a special test drive that duplicates a person starting their car and making a short freeway trip, as if they were driving to work. While this special test drive or "Drive Cycle' is occurring, the Engine Computer runs little tests or Readiness Monitor that check to see the Emissions Systems is working Properly.
San Jose Smog Check Station is a State of California Licensed Smog Check Test & Repair Center. We Perform ALL Smog Checks required by the California DMV.
Feel free to browse around this site. If you have comments or questions about our services or simply need more information and want to contact us, Click on the contact button on any page within this site.
Services We Offer:
* Regular Smog Check Inspections
* Test Only Smog Check Inspections
* Change of Ownership Smog Check Inspections
* Out of State Initial Vehicles Smog Check Inspections
* Gross Polluter Smog Check Inspections
* Emissions Diagnostics and Repairs
* Affordable Prices
* Honest and Accurate Test Results
* Excellent customer service and the highest level of integrity
147 East Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA 95113